Monday, April 27, 2009

That big Montana sky.

We are currently in Butte, Montana. Today we were supposed to take a break from driving by visiting Yellowstone. I really wanted to see some bears. Well I looked at the weather forecast this morning and it said Yellowstone was 18 degrees and it was snowing. So we didn't go. Instead we tried looking for things to do around the area that were mildly interesting but NOTHING opens until mid May at least. I was totally into panning for some gold!

I really wanted to check out this ghost town that I had read about but I knew it wasn't open yet. I thought we could still get some pictures of it though. It was called Old Trail Town. The man who made it was an archaeologist and had gathered old buildings and sort of made a little ghost town with them. The town was pretty authentic looking. We were taking pictures out in front of the town and a man that works there came out and said that we could go in and take a look around even though they were closed. So we had fun taking a lot of pictures and chasing the rabbits that were all over the town.

After that we had some delicious burritos from Taco Johns and decided we would should just keep driving. Which now brings us back to Butte where I just looked out the window to find, yep you guessed it, more snow! On the bright side tomorrow we should be in Washington, unless we find something else fun to do!

-Aimee

1 comment: