Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hallelujah! Aimee got a new camera!

Which means... LOTS of Pictures!! YAY!!

The last time I left you I told you about our everyday doings, the masquerade party and the bear sighting. The party was amusing, I lent my mask out, it was for a good cause. I'll put a picture up of Amanda, she had the best costume.

Yesterday we went to the Hoh Rainforest. We saw Elk there for the first time! They were eating grass in a field! Any way, almost all the postcards at the Ridge that have a picture of trees on them are all of the Hoh Rainforest. So naturally we had to go check it out. We decided to do the short walk called The Hall of Mosses. If you come to the Olympic Peninsula I highly recommend going to the Rainforest. Its like nothing you've ever seen. Its like an alien world. I'll post some pictures but they won't do any justice compared to the real thing. We also found BIGFOOT there! The Rainforest is also a hot spot for Bigfoot hunters. We didn't know this until we arrived. I have a couple pictures of us with a few different Bigfoots.

After the Rainforest we went to Ruby Beach, which was awesome. We had so much fun there! We made a driftwood fire and roasted hot dogs and s'mores over the fire and watched the sun set. We also, finally, stumbled upon some tide pools with Starfish in them! They were so neat to see.

By the way I found the Marmot! I was wandering around outside on the Ridge last week and saw something down the hill. I watched if for a minute and thought it was just a tree stump because it was so still but then he moved! I took some pictures but it wasn't with my camera. The marmot was adorable, he looked like a fat ball of brown fur. If you are unaware of what a marmot is you should look it up. I want one!
Until next time!

-Aimee

1 comment:

  1. 32 more days and we will be joining you guys. I'm sure glad you finally got a camera so you can take your own pictures in beautiful Washington. Yes, the Hoh Rainforest is on our itinerary of must do list You guys bought a mattress and letting us use your beds, nice, Thank you. I like the Big Foot picture, waiting to see more. Take care you all and see you soon. Bye Bye for now

    ReplyDelete